Easy Meatloaf Recipe Onion Soup Mix
Meatloaf is a common meal in southern homes. This quick meal which is combining seasoning shaded to look like a loaf of bread with ground beef is used by many busy moms to serve their families and friends when time may be short for a large meal, less than 10 minutes, is the total time to prepare it. You will have a true southern meal that your family will demand weekly just by adding mashed potatoes and a vegetable such as onion. Southern meatloaf is the epitome of comfort and a staple of Southern good cooking. Souther meatloaf recipes that exist is countless and probably none greater than the homemade recipe a person grows up with.
So, if you are looking for easy meatloaf recipe onion soup mix, Southern style meatloaf should be considered. This article will give you option for hoow to create a memorable and specific homemade southern meatloaf for your family and also show you how to make the typical Southern meatloaf, so all you have to do is just keep reading.
Things you will need: 2lbs Ground Beef, Veal, Pork or Lamb, ½ cup – 1 cup plain bread crumbs (if possible, you need the fresh), ½ medium yellow onion diced, 1 – 2 eggs lightly beaten, salt / black pepper, 2 garlic cloves minced, 2 – 4 slices of bacon and 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- The oven should be pre-heated to 150 degrees F. Plan accordingly because most ovens take about 20 minutes to pre-heat.
- Choose a mix that is right for you once the optional ingredients are assessed. How to make Southern meatloaf, as mentioned in the introduction, differs widely from family to family. You can choose something which caters to your family’s unique taste or simply look through the possible ingredients. You can also this optional ingredients, which are including 1/3 cup ketchup or tomato paste, 3-4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, oregano, thyme, ginger, garlic powder, dried mushrooms, green onions or scallions, cooked veggies, parmersan cheese or other cheeses, chiles, cooked beans, sunflower seeds, spinach, almonds or cashews and wine or beer.
- Prepare the ingredients. The breadcrumbs should be soaked in the milk for about 5 minutes or until all the milk is absorbed. Over medium heat, cook vegetables in butter for about 5 minutes also.
- Liquid ingredients such as pepper and salt should been added to vegetable mix and cool to room temperature.
- Take a large bowl then mix together eggs, veggies, breadcrumbs, meat and any other ingredients.
- The mixture need to be shaped into a loaf shape, or about 4 inches high, then take a baking pan to put it down.
- Dress and baste the meatloaf. To go with meatloaf, there are many amazing dressings. Before entering the oven and periodically throughout, some of these should be basted, some can be added after thoroughly cooked and some should be poured on 20 minutes after cooking. The bacon halves are put on top of loaf if you were interested in adding bacon.
- Cook until the internal temperatire reaches 160-170F or for approximately 1 hour. Once done, let it cool for 15 minutes before servings.
Easy Meatloaf Recipe Onion Soup Mix Picture Gallery